An up-close and personal experience for your students!
On a field trip to the Yellowstone Wildlife Sanctuary, students will experience an up-close and personal connection with our resident animals, each with a compelling story to tell. How would this animal typically live in the wild? How did the animal come to live at YWS? What are the lessons to be learned about human-wildlife interaction? Your Sanctuary visit will open a window on the complexity of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, enhanced by our professional educator guides. Each visit is grade-appropriate and designed to meet your educational goals. Group members will leave with a new understanding of the natural world and their place in it.
Guided tours are designed to be age-appropriate and aligned with your curriculum. Each tour is about 90 minutes.
Choose from the following topics:
- General Tour
- Yellowstone Ecology & Adaptations
- Scat & Track Identification
- Conservation and the Sanctuary Mission
- Animal Care & Enrichment
Add on Activities
For those with more time (30 min), add on an activity for your group!
Choose from a variety of activities aligned with your tour:
- Enrichment (all ages): Make an enrichment object and watch the animal explore it
- Classification (all ages): Learn the differences between groups of animals
- Endangered Species (Ages 4-13): What endangered means, status of regional species, the effects of climate change on wildlife and what you can do to help.
- Animal Detectives (Age 5-11): Use scat/track knowledge to identify an animal
- Animal Encounter - Reptile and Amphibian (all ages): Meet one of the ambassador animals up close
Field Trip Cost
- up to 20 Students
- Optional Add On Activities: Enrichment, Classification, Endangered Species, and Animal Detectives
- Fun and learning included!
Working on a specific unit? Teaching Envirothon students? Want a multi-day package? If you are looking for a learning opportunity not mentioned above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your interests. We’ll work with you to design a program that hits the target within your budget.
Don’t have time for a Field Trip? We’ll come to you! Learn more about our Classroom Visits.